This morning after my early class, Grady and I went to the Ramsey Center (free for students) and did 35-minutes of intervals on the indoor track. It's such a great facility and I never go in there anymore. I need to remember that we have that track available as the months get hotter and we have don't have to run outside all summer. Also I still have two or three yoga classes on my punch card and I owe myself a spinning class before the end of the month.
The rest of the day I was super busy, so I had a pretty low-point day. I was prepared with good food and I had a few minutes here and there to graze, so I didn't starve, but I never had time to get bored and either idly munch or fixate on food, so I was lower than usual on points by the late afternoon.
I had a close call when I skipped Spanish to go to a one-off computer science seminar and beforehand they were serving a gorgeous spread of cookies. I was hungry and they looked so good and since I had the points to spare I was tempted. But I decided to give it a few minutes and see how long they would last in an auditorium full of students, and my decision was made for me. In the interim, I had been reading on my iPhone and I read this post in another blog about how good she feels from eating the right foods and doing the right stuff, and her enthusiasm was contagious and I thought there's no way a cookie could make me feel that good.
I like having positive and inspiring stuff to read like the Weight Watchers website, or my friends' blogs, and today I ordered Jillian Michaels' Unlimited from Amazon, and a Mr. Bento which I have been coveting since forever.
After the seminar I was planning to grab some nachos for dinner at Barberitos, but then Grady got out of lab early so we went home and picked up some Mexican close to home. I immediately threw out the rice and the sour cream and all but a serving of the chips, and I made my own nachos with beans and lettuce and chicken.
Finally, I had an evening of homework, TV, diet cocoa, and going to bed right after this.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Thanks for the shout out :) Good for you for keeping the motivation up! Motivation = Progress! Get it girl :)
ReplyDelete