Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spinning

I took a spinning class at Ramsey Center today, as part of my "do something new and different every week" or whatever goal. It's the end of the semester so the gym is sparse and there were only two of us plus the instructor in the class. It was pretty cozy and we got a nice personalized workout.

It was about the third or fourth time I have tried a spinning class, and it was the first time I had no problem keeping up. That isn't to say it was easy, far from it, just that I was conditioned to do the whole thing and do it well. I did go through an entire bottle of Powerade during the workout and when I was done my clothes were completely soaked through, no joke.

It occurred to me that burning 10 activity points when I'm trying not to lose weight for once was probably not the best idea, but I made up for it by having a big old plate of nachos from Barberitos for dinner. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment