I had a rough time at Crossfit last night. We worked on clean & jerks, which is an extremely complicated movement, but basically the lifting component is a front squat followed by a jerk. I failed to get the bar up far more times than I succeeded, even after reducing the weight. I realized after the fact that I was working with my previous maximum weight for both my front squat and jerk (75#), so it makes sense that it was so difficult, but it didn't make it any less frustrating at the time. Then when we did the timed workout it was thrusters and I bashed the hell out of my chin with the bar in the very first set, so my mood was pretty foul throughout. After the workout, Grady wanted to work on his deadlifts so I killed the time by running a mile and I felt a little better after that.
No big deal, bad workouts happen. I like that they are the exception rather than the rule now and of course it's still better in the long run than getting no workout at all. We're going back tonight for our third of the week, and I'm hopeful it will be better.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment