Last year on April 25, I ran in my first 5K, the 11th Annual Galilee Christian Church Mission Run. Today I celebrated one year of racing by running in their 12th Annual Run. Grady came with me to support me and we brought Ripley along. It was a fun day, but as for the run itself, I did not make my best showing. My first mile time was great, 8:23, but after that I totally ran out of steam. About six people passed me in the second mile and on the third mile I got a stitch so bad that I had to slow to a walk. That's the first time I haven't finished a whole race by running. My final time ended up at 30:45, which is not too shabby!
My next two races are not going to be for time, so I get to relax. I'm going to do the Warrior Dash with Grady, and all I want to do on that one is finish in one piece. Then my next race is the Weight Watchers 5K and I plan to hang back and walk with whoever is the slow-ish group from my meeting, just to chat and get to know people. I hope I can get Grady to come with me for that, since he's so much more outgoing than I am. I swear today he met more people in thirty minutes than I have met in a year of racing!
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ouch! That sounds painful. And you still got a great time!
ReplyDelete