Weekend's over, Mom went home, and school starts this week. My first class is tomorrow, so I'm still just working today. I have a lunchbox full of picnic leftovers and I'm looking forward to my weigh-in tonight after my fantastic weekend.
Friday night we grilled out and had turkey burgers, corn on the cob, and salad, and strawberries for dessert. We also grilled the stuff for the Saturday picnic, which was barbecue chicken and grilled asparagus.
Saturday morning we ran our 5K and I finished in 31:06, beating my previous time by 41 seconds. Mom finished the same time I did, which really impressed me since she hasn't been running that long.
After the race we went to Stone Mountain and we did the Sky Hike which is a quarter-mile rope course up in the trees. It was pretty scary and challenging, but fun as hell. It took me 30 minutes to get through it, and I'm counting it as my strength-training for the weekend since it was really intensive, especially in the arms and core.
We also hiked 2.3 miles, 1 mile around the base and 1.3 miles up to the top of Stone Mountain. We rode the gondola down. It was a pretty easy hike (think grandmas and kids) but still tons of fun and we did some geocaching along the way.
Let's see, what else? Mini-golf, 4D movie, train ride, picnic and laser show, basically all the fun stuff there is to do there. In addition to the grilled chicken and asparagus, we had watermelon and southwestern salad of which there are tons of leftovers to keep me going all week.
Sunday we went to the aquarium and the coke museum and the underground. Basically, I am exhausted and happy to be back at work where I can finally relax. ;)
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment