That title doesn't have much to do with this post, but I am tired of coming up with cute, alliterative ways of naming the day of the week. It's something I read on Fittit that I thought was cute. I would simply add that one needs to include oneself in the list of heavy things to move.
So I had a great weekend. We had some friends over from Friday night to Sunday, and it was just a very casual, relaxing weekend of visiting and playing games and catching up. I didn't even miss drinking alcohol. We ate every meal in, taking turns cooking, and had a fun time doing it. I was not surprised to find that when you present people with loads of grilled lean meat, salad fixings, veggies, and fruits, they don't turn their nose up at the so-called diet food, but rather tend to be impressed and appreciative of the spread. Healthy food is beautiful and delicious, and we got no complaints and nothing but thanks and compliments.
It was a great trial run for next weekend, when mom and her family come and stay. I got the new grill assembled and working and I made shrimp skewers and burgers and chicken breast. The skewers were something I have been wanting to try out, and they came out perfect. We used the leftover shrimp in omelets the next morning, and those came out great too.
I made time to exercise every day as well. I stopped at 3 laps (2.1 miles) again during my run on Saturday. I don't know why I keep hitting that wall. I have a race on Saturday and I'm psyching myself out. This week I will do at least one out-and-back run instead of laps so that I absolutely cannot stop early unless I want to hitchhike home. It will be nice to have a change of scenery, too.
We're going to Six Flags tomorrow, so there will be lots of walking and lots of temptation. Wish me luck!
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment