Friday, August 27, 2010

Adjusting to Change in Routine

I have been swamped with school and it is definitely affecting my routine. I knew it would, so it's just a matter of figuring out what to do about it.

I haven't figured out how to tote around all of my good food around campus all day (in addition to my books, laptop, purse, etc.), so I'm struggling with that. I am buying a lot of salads at school, which is both expensive and not satisfying, so that pretty much sucks but I'm sort of at a loss what to do about it except just to get over it. I have been eating a lot of fresh fruit, as that's almost as easy to come by as vending machine snacks, as long as you look in the right places.

I managed to get to yoga at Ramsey on Wednesday, which was just wonderful. It was kind of a novice-level class, and usually I'm disappointed with any yoga that isn't power yoga. But again I told myself to get over it and take advantage of an hour of stretching and relaxing once a week, and work on my form, even if it doesn't end up being a killer strength-training workout like power yoga. So I did, and wouldn't you know it, my abs and shoulders freaking kill today. So I intend to keep trying to fit that into my Wednesday schedule.

Other than that, however, I am way behind on my exercise. I keep getting wrapped up in errands and things after school and not getting home in time to do anything. I am going to start keeping exercise gear in my car and work on fitting in a run or something anytime I get a spare hour during the day at school. At this point I'm not sure if I'll make my goals.

I have Six Flags tomorrow, which is going to be a lot of fun. I'll try to do the same as I did at Stone Mountain, which was to not bother tracking or counting, but just to only eat whole or light foods and don't binge out on junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment