Friday, August 6, 2010

Found some patience

I decided I just need to relax. I keep feeling like I'm not getting anywhere and that I'm just treading water and trying not to lose ground (metaphor salad, anyone?), but looking at my numbers, I am down six pounds in the last twelve weeks. I don't have to like it, but half a pound per week is a decent steady rate and totally WW-approved.

More importantly, I feel fine. I look good and I feel good and I am a comfortable size twelve. I'm still overweight, but not obese, and I don't smoke or need any medications and I can run long distances and there is really nothing wrong with me that losing weight any faster is going to fix.

I decided that there is more I can do besides eating less, and that is to quit drinking. I'm done with alcohol until I lose at least 10 more pounds, even if that takes the rest of the year. I want to be more about healthy living than straight weigh-loss at this point. That's also going to make the next social two weekends way easier, points-wise.

I'm also thinking about changing how I work the points again. I still can't get a handle on these flex points, and thinking back it occurs to me that I have never done well when using them. I think that's because I tend to use them all at once on big occasion days, and that's just too much food for me at one sitting, no matter what WW says. So instead I'll do a daily five-point range, like I used to do in the old Winning Points plan, and allow myself to bank up to 10 points or two days worth.

Other than that, I just have the 5K next Saturday to think about. I'll train this week like I did the week before the last race: alternating days of running 5K or doing strength-training. I going to have to punt this weekend with company, but I'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment