Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 2010 Exercise Log

Same goals and schedule as last month.

AUGUST GOALS:
#1: Twenty workouts - MET 19
#2: Eight 30-minute runs - GOAL MET 8/29
#3: Four other cardio - MET 3.5
#4: Eight strength-training workouts - MET 7.5

I missed two of my goals by half a workout each. That's the first time this year I didn't make it. I think this month's goals were pretty ambitious (without thinking, I copied and pasted my goals from last month when I was training hard for that first 5K) and I still lost five pounds, so I'm not about to beat myself up about it. I'll learn from it and move on, and what I learned was not to set my goals so high. ;) Half kidding.

1- None

2- None
3- None
4- None
5- 20 min. aerobics, 20 min. lower-body (half cardio, half strength)
6- Brisk walk, 3.75 miles
7- 2.1-mile run
8- 20 minutes arms/back (half strength)

Wow, I'm really not off to a great start so far. I was unmotivated the first part of the week, and busy with company the second part. Next week won't be any easier, so I need to make more of an effort. I will make a point to go by Ramsey Center this week and get set up with a locker and possibly a group fitness pass.

I need 16.5 workouts total: seven runs, 2.5 other cardio, and seven strength.

9- off
10- 5-mile run/walk (mostly walking after 2 miles)
11- 38-minutes strength
12- 3.5-mile run
13- 10-minute abs (half strength)
14- RACE DAY! - 5K run (run), 30-minutes rope course (strength), 2.3-mile hike up Stone Mountain (cardio)
15- off

Great week and great weekend. I'm counting all three of those Saturday workouts, because regardless they were on the same day, I did all three and they stand on their own.

I need 11 more workouts to meet my goals this month: four runs, 1.5 other cardio, and 4.5 more strength training workouts this month.

16- off
17- none - tired
18- 20 minutes lower body (half strength)
19- none - football game
20- 3.5-mile run
21- 30 minutes weights
22- 2-mile run

Moving right along. I need two more runs, three more strength, and still 1.5 other cardio, 6.5 workouts total, to meet my goals. That's nearly one per day for the rest of the month, which is what happens when I procrastinate.

23- off
24- none - forgot ... whoops!
25- 1 hour yoga
26- none - busy
27- 3.5-mile run
28- sit-ups, push-ups, stretching (half strength)
29- 3.5-mile run - GOAL #2 MET

I got all my runs in, but I still need 1.5 more strength and 1.5 more cardio in the next two days. Looks like I'll need to double up one day next week if I want to make it.

30- two-mile walk/run (cardio), 30 minutes strength (strength)
31- none - didn't feel like it

Exercise Schedule:
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Cardio (at least one 30-minute run per week, plus WATP, Wii, or other cardio)
Wednesday, Sunday: Strength training (at least 30-minutes of weights per week, plus Firm, yoga, Wii, or other strength)
Monday, Friday: OFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment