I have felt great the last week or more. I am enjoying buying fresh food and cooking and eating well. I'm working out a ton and getting things done in the house. It certainly helps that I am working fewer hours and I have more time to do these things. Although that does give me more time to want to eat and to have to distract myself from doing so, but I'm finding no shortage of things to do.
I broke through my running wall and did 3.5 miles first thing yesterday morning. Earlier in the week I tried my out-and-back run and I ended up walking most of the way home and cursing myself the whole way. But I was determined to have one good run at home before the race this weekend and I pulled it off yesterday.
Today I went by Ramsey Center to sign up for a locker and pick up the group exercise schedule. The lockers aren't available until Monday, and I didn't have cash for a towel (towels are included in locker rental), so I couldn't go in the weight room, but I did some ab work at least. My new challenges are to do sit-ups on the inclined sit-up benches, do hanging leg-lifts with straight legs instead of knee-lifts, and maybe, possibly, one day do a pull up.
I had a close call today at work. As with most times I screw up, I wasn't prepared. I didn't bring anything for lunch today, thinking I had tuna in my desk, but I didn't. So I went to the break room to make oatmeal and they had that gorgeous spread they have once a month for whatever meeting that is. I made myself a plate of sandwich, cheese, chips, fruit, pasta salad, brownie, and cookie. About halfway through I realized I was forcing myself to eat the chips without thinking about it in order not to feel guilty, and I just said stop. I ate the rest of the fruit and the veggies from the pasta salad, and a bite of cheese, and tossed the rest.
Outside of that (or maybe even including that), I haven't been having a hard time staying on plan at all. I'm not constantly hungry, and when I am hungry I'm not hungry for processed sugars or fatty foods or anything. It certainly helps that the rest of the house is dieting as well, so there's no processed food in the house right now. We're all just having a good time enjoying each other and the house and fun things that don't involve food. I haven't even missed alcohol, either, now that I think about it. I feel like I really am just living the lifestyle that this is supposed to be about.
Mom is in Georgia already, and I'm going to hit Kroger on my way home and get stuff for grilling tonight and picnicking tomorrow and basically I am going to have a great time this weekend.
Oh! And I just remembered a NSV I had yesterday. I was putting away laundry and I realized that I have a ton of shorts and only two pair are too small. The rest look and feel awesome except for the few pair that are too big.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go on eating right! Work is hard for me because I see so many people enjoying treats...but then they're all super skinny and fit so I tell myself I can indulge, too, once I'm where they are. In Seattle, I feel noticeably out of shape everywhere I go. Georgia didn't have enough fit people for me to feel the peer pressure. So double kudos for you for doing it in Georgia!
ReplyDeleteHave fun this weekend!!!
I know what you mean. I felt like a total cow in Los Angeles, even though I was 25 pounds less than where I started this year.
ReplyDelete