Looking at my chart, I see that I hit the 30-pound mark eleven weeks ago. So five pounds in eleven weeks is just under half a pound per week. After losing five pounds a month for the first part of the year, it felt painfully, excruciatingly slow. I felt frustrated, mad, impatient, ripped-off, helpless, and a million other kinds of emotions, but I refused to give up. I knew through it all that the only thing worse than not losing is gaining, and that if I gave up that's exactly what would happen. Painful as it was, looking back, these five pounds have been worth the wait. I feel like my resolve and patience have been tempered over this summer. It would be great if it was easy and fast, but if it was, what would I have learned? I have gained experience in failing, not beating myself up, and continuing even when it felt futile. If that helps me make it the rest of the way to goal, regardless of speed, and stay there afterward, then it has been more than worth it.
I got myself some new size-twelve outfits at Tommy Hilfiger to celebrate! :D

We didn't go to Six Flags today, as it was closed, so that gives me the day to clean and prep food and exercise.
Woo Hoo! Congratulations!!! It's inspiring to follow you as you stick with it through the slow times.
ReplyDeleteI love the pink outfit! You're so skinny you even look skinny in horizontal stripes!