I'm doing well this weekend. I'm a little bored and lonely, because Grady still went on his trip this weekend. He invited me along when my plans fell through, but I chose to relax and stay in anyway, and let him enjoy his time with the boys. I'm getting a lot of things done in the house, and I still had time to go to Curves and to work on my photo collage, and I was in bed before 10.
I watched home design shows all day yesterday (I love Saturday Design on HGTV!) and I decided I'm going to paint one wall in my living room, the one with the fireplace. The walls are all white, and the fireplace is white, and I know if I make that wall dark and rich, the white fireplace will just pop! I've been wanting to paint since we moved in, but with the vaulted ceilings I didn't want to do it without professional help. But I just figured out that the one wall is not vaulted, and I could do it on my own.
I'm meeting Grady in Atlanta on Monday to go shopping at Ikea. I don't think we're ready for new furniture, but I wanted to get a big rug and some pillows and accents to really liven up the living room. Then I'll pick a paint color for the wall by pulling a color out of the new pieces. We have dark green carpet (ug!) and broken down, raggedy old furniture, and the aforementioned white walls, and I always felt like doing anything in here would be as useful as polishing a turd, but I'm tired of it looking the way it does.
That's tomorrow, though. Today I'm going to do my 28-minute run, and I'll watch the Oscars tonight. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment