I called in sick to work and then went back to sleep until 11:30. I don't know what happened, since I'm in bed around 10 every night anyway, including last night, but I guess my body just needed it.
It's spring break at the university this week, so the professors and the students (including Grady) have the week off, but all of the administrative support staff still has to work. Since I'm the only secretary in my department of professors and grad students, nobody missed me.
Well I figured out why I was so knocked out. My monthly came in, and that always wipes all my energy right out. I didn't WATP yesterday and it doesn't look like I'll make it to Curves before they close, so I'll be WATPing this evening.
I probably should have seen it coming, as I have been wrecked, emotionally, for several days. My grandad is dying, and has been for a while, but this week my mom is in Amsterdam, so I have been tasked to get on the next flight to Madison (WI, where he and his wife live) if he leaves us while mom is out of the country. So every time the phone rings, I jump and think this time its going to be the call. It's really put me on edge. And then with all the cuts the state has been making, it looks like the university is not going to be accepting transfer students this fall (I'm an applicant for that, so that means me), and also the state probably isn't going to renew our grant, so my job is going to go away, too. I can't get GI bill if I don't get into school, and without that or a job I feel like I kind of screwed up by putting all my eggs in the university basket. Last time I was unemployed, I was so depressed and stressed out that I gained 20 lbs in 2 months. I really don't want to have to look for a job again this year.
I just feel so drained, you know how it is. Grady brought me Subway to eat and I've spent all day sitting on the couch under the snuggie watching HGTV and American Idol on the DVR. I suppose I am in a better position than most that I even have the option of doing that, but I just feel so yucky and grumpy. Oh, also, I REALLY NEED A DRINK!
Oh! One piece of good news. My weigh-in is tomorrow and the scale has been super kind to me all week, so I'm actually looking forward to that. I even high-fived the scale at Curves, which I don't think I have ever high-fived a scale before.
No comments:
Post a Comment