Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Best 5K Time: 29:22

I ran the ARC "Sleighbell" 5K this morning in Winterville. It was so cute, they gave us each a sleigh bell to pin to bibs so we jingled all the way during the race. My boss Brad ran it as well, and it was nice to see someone I know.

I finished fourth in my division and beat my previous best time of 29:50. I was within 20 seconds of third place and less than a minute from second. I was faked out for a few minutes thinking I had come in third, but the second-place woman had held on to her card for a long time before it went on the board. One of these days I'll get a trophy, but in the meantime it means I don't have to hang out for the awards.

That just means more time for Christmas shopping! Which is what I'm about to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment