I'm still working this week, but it's only half-time, and I'm off school, so I had today off. I was super motivated and I got a lot done.
Grady and I drove to Athens and went shopping at Trader Joe's. We had a great time getting groceries for the week and starting to plan menus for this weekend. I have so much good food in my house and all kinds of time to prep and make really great stuff.
I'm going to make chili and cornbread for Christmas Eve, and ham with potatoes and green beans for Christmas day. Grady and I talked about it and no one but me was really interested in the desserts over Thanksgiving so we're not going to bother with any this time. I am planning on cinnamon rolls and omelets and stuff for brunch on Christmas.
I have been really tempted to give up on abstaining from alcohol and I bought some wine, but I still have a lot to think about. I keep thinking about how many calories are in what I normally drink on Christmas. I have Mimosas, Irish coffee, leaded egg nog, and that's all just in the morning! I spend the whole day mostly wasted and by lunch all bets are off and I end up making myself sick on stocking chocolate. This year I plan instead on having plenty of coffee all morning, and whatever other non-alcoholic beverages all day.
Then if I avoid an all day bender, I can celebrate with some wine at the end of the day. I'm trying to help myself believe that doing something like that is not a failure. Or even if it is, that's still okay, because I am allowed to fail. I'm not trying to sabotage myself in advance but I'm working on my eternal quest to find some happy medium between compulsive eating and obsessive dieting.
Since I keep being busy on Monday nights, I went to the Weight Watchers center and weighed in at 161.4. I feel like I could have done a lot worse. I'm up like 4 pounds in two weeks, but I feel like I'm still on the right track and I'm trying to do my best through the rest of the month. I am coming up with concrete plans to do really well through the rest of the holiday events.
I'm still missing my paper journal (I'm sure it's in my desk at work), so I'm using the online tools tracker, which is fun but still too much of a pain. I really prefer the paper journal, but I think I'll still just finish out this week online for the fun of it.
I did a Jillian Michaels video today and I pushed myself to really work hard since I'm starting Crossfit next week. It's really challenging so I want to train for it instead of letting myself get all weak and out of shape this week. Also I plan to run on Christmas day just like I did on Thanksgiving.
Since I was all GTD today, I finally got on the phone and scheduled a bunch of appointments that I have been putting off until after finals. Tomorrow I am taking the babies to the vet, and next Tuesday I have the dentist and the hairdresser. I'll be looking fly just in time for my trip! Wednesday I have my first Crossfit class, and I'm super excited to start that!
Next Thursday I'm flying to Arizona and I'm really going to try to make the effort to eat whole and healthy options, as annoying as that is to try to do while traveling. We have a hotel at least, so I don't need to rely on my hosts for breakfast or exercise opportunities. Again, if I want to have some drinks on New Years Eve, I'm not going to consider that a failure.
After I get back I start Crossfit for reals. It will be January, my favorite time of year for commercials for diet foods and exercise gimicks. Totally motivational! ;)
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment