I went to my department's holiday party last night, and I had a hard time abstaining from alcohol. There were lots of interesting things to try, like cognac and Korean wine and other stuff, but I just didn't partake. It helped that they knew that I was on the wagon, so it's not like I could change my mind mid-party. On the food front, I did not do as well, unless you count my not going for seconds on lasagna.
On the plus side, it was nice to be able to drive home from the party and not have to worry about police or getting in an accident or anything. It's weird to go through the holidays sober, but it's not all bad. I had originally planned to commit to this through my New Year's trip, but since I'm starting Crossfit as soon as I get back, I think I might push it out even longer. Like maybe until my friend has her baby since she is still part of my inspiration on this.
Also I ran four miles today.
No comments:
Post a Comment