I worked two meetings at WW Saturday morning and then Grady and I went to Ramsey Center and did a 10K run around the indoor track. The only time we had available to run this weekend was the middle of the day Saturday, so we went there for the air conditioning, and the added benefits of being completely flat and cushioned. The downside is that it's only an 1/8 mile track, so we had to run 50 laps. It was boring and annoying to try to count the laps but we had fun with it and kept each other company and had a good time. It took us a little under 90 minutes to complete.
After the run, Grady chatted with some students who had been running on the track part of the time we were. They talked about running and half-marathon training and related stuff. I love working out with him because he's so personable and we get to know so many people that I would never meet on my own because I don't speak up. People in the fitness community are generally really nice and supportive.
The rest of the weekend I spent out of town with a friend of ours who is leaving Georgia for Florida in a week. We had several meals out and alcohol and I ate only okay. I made sure to try and focus on power foods, but I still consumed a lot of points. I'm home and detoxing now. I don't have any plans for next weekend, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now until Dragon Con.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment