Friday, October 1, 2010

Clean Living

I'm still having a good week. For no particular reason I got inspired after my last meeting to have a really clean week. So I have been having no alcohol and no processed junk (save one emergency bag of Sun Chips from the vending machine one day). I'm spending more points than normal on things like full fat cheese or salad dressing, but I can afford it since I'm not spending them on junk like cookies or booze. I've just been craving those rich, creamy flavors, maybe due to the change in weather. Yay, it's time for soup and chili!

I had a great surprise this morning on the elevator. The building supe mentioned that it looked like I was losing a lot of weight, and I was like, "OMG THANKS!" kind of flustered because it came out of nowhere. I don't know how she saw it, either, since my clothes are so baggy. I'm waiting for my GI Bill to come in the next couple of days so I can go shopping for smaller pants.

Also, when that money comes in I'm going to sign up for a trainer at Ramsey Center. I want to get into much heavier lifting (like 100+ pounds) and I know I don't have the skill to do that on my own without professional supervision. So I have that to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool that you've lost so much other people are noticing! And how fun that you have to get smaller pants!

    Heavy lifting sounds impressive... and intimidating! Be sure to post a lot about that- I can't wait to follow you on that journey.

    ReplyDelete