I worked with Jason today for the first time after my initial assessment, and I'm really happy with my decision. In addition to getting a great workout, I learned a ton of new information. Most useful, I think, was learning how to get into the starting position with the heavy weights, and how to safely bail out if I get in trouble. One of the reasons I wanted a trainer/spotter in the first place was that in lifting at home I found I was more uncomfortable (and afraid of injuring myself) picking up and putting down the weights before and after each set than I was doing the sets themselves.
We worked chest and triceps today, which should make for lots of soreness the next couple days. Yay? ;) I used dumbells and for some of the sets (like bench press) he had me using 30 pound dumbells, which is really intimidating. But that's why I'm paying a professional, because he presumably knows better than I do how to pick how much weight is reasonable. I was able to do the sets, with his assistance, and I failed on everything (the good kind of failure) so basically, yeah, this is exactly what I signed up for.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Awesome! I can't wait to hear how much weight he has you lifting for everything else.
ReplyDelete