I did sprints this morning, for the first time since I got out of Air Force PT. I went mailbox to mailbox, three times around my block (2.1 miles total). It took right at 30 minutes.
At first I was miserable, wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into. But, like with almost every kind of exercise, once I got into my groove it got more doable. The 30 minutes went by downright quickly, probably because each lap ate up 10 full minutes when I can usually run it in six or seven.
And now I'm done for the day and it's still morning. Yay!
Time for breakfast, followed by homework and laundry all day. I have been eating really well, too, which is always good, of course. I had a beer last night, which is the third time I have drank since I "quit" but I'm okay with it since it was within my points.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay! Did you find that you were more sore than normal after the sprints?
ReplyDeleteOh, definitely!
ReplyDelete