Friday, September 3, 2010

Fun with Graphs

This first one is just a regular graph of my weekly weigh-ins. The pink line is one pound per week, and the yellow line is 1.5 pounds per week.



I find this second one a lot more useful. Each plot point is the average of the last four weigh-ins. I think it's a much more realistic view of my downward trend over time. The jumps and spikes of the gains in the weekly graph just add too much confusion. Also, it becomes obvious to me what a whiner I was about my so-called plateau over the summer. My rate of weight-loss went from 1.5 pounds per week to less than one, but looking at it now, it is obvious I was still trending down in a big way. In fact, that's about the time I started keeping this second graph, because the gain spikes in the first graph were making me crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Especially the 2nd graph averaging weigh-ins. It really emphasizes how hard you're working and how well it's working for you.

    ReplyDelete