Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mini Frittata

I made this for breakfast today and it came out super nice.

Mini Frittata (baked flat omelet)

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 c. chopped veggies (bell peppers and onions)
1 oz. cooked lean meat, cubed (turkey and ham)
1/3 c. Weight Watchers shredded mozzarella

Directions:
  • Preheat broiler
  • Spray a small (6-inch), oven-safe skillet with Pam. Heat skillet on stovetop
  • Sautee veggies in skillet until peppers are soft and onions start browning
  • While veggies are cooking, scramble 2 eggs in a bowl
  • Pour egg mix over cooked veggies
  • Quickly add cubed meat to egg mixture, allowing meat to sink into the liquid (don't stir or scramble)
  • Reduce heat to medium and allow to cook until eggs are firm and there is just a little bit of moisture on top
  • Top with shredded cheese
  • Bake under broiler for 60-90 seconds until cheese is melted and all egg moisture has cooked off
  • Slide onto plate and cut into wedges

Total Points: 7

eggs: 4
meat: 1
cheese: 2
veggies: 0

Frittatas can be served hot, room temperature, or refrigerated. I like to have mine hot at breakfast, but a popular lunch in Italy is a cold frittata sandwich. Yum!

My recipe is "mini" because I have a tiny skillet that I bought just for making this, but you can double the recipe and do it on a regular-sized skillet.

This recipe works for low-carb diets, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment