I spent the week of Christmas with my mom in Los Angeles and we had a fabulous time!
I flew in on Thursday and we went to Disneyland on Friday. We had breakfast at home and brought lunches into the park with us. That used to be against the rules, but apparently they don't care anymore and we saw all kinds of people with things like fresh fruits, granola bars, and veggie chips. We ended up not buying any food inside the park at all, but our tour included a sample of toffee, a hot cocoa, and a gingerbread man. We just ate the frosted ears off the cookie to get a taste of it and let the rest of it go.
We had dinner at ESPN Zone, and mom and I split a BBQ chicken entree. My cousin got to meet some San Diego Chargers cheerleaders and we got a picture with them! They were so sweet, of course.
Saturday and Sunday (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) we went out on long hikes. Saturday we went to Zuma and hiked 5.3 miles in 4:55. There was a lot of water crossing, some bouldering, and a whole lot of bush-whacking. Sunday we went to Tar Creek near Filmore and explored a new trail with lots of boulders and some waterfalls.
On the way home from Filmore we stopped at the farmer's market and picked up a bunch of veggies and snacks for the week. I got some Mexican candy that made me super nostalgic, but I didn't eat it! It's for my brother-in-law who requested "local candy". I'm proud to report it all made it home safely to him, as did the half-pound of See's I picked up at the airport, but that was a close call! :P
Christmas Eve dinner was crockpot lasagna with Italian green beans. Christmas Day we started with traditional cinnamon rolls and mimosas. We did not have stockings full of chocolate, but instead Mom made 3-point bags of nuts and dried fruit, which was a totally fun and creative alternative. After the hike, I put on my sous-chef button and helped with the roast beef and roasted veggies. We had dessert with friends and it wasn't much to write home about so I just had a taste and then put it down. I avoided the egg nog entirely and waited to have wine until after driving home.
On Monday I went to a cycle class taught by my friend Melissa. I took a class from her last time I was in town over Spring Break, but that time it was Pilates. This time it was 8:30 in the morning after Christmas, and we were all feeling pretty rough. I'd had plenty of wine and good food the night before, and it was grueling. But that's why we do it!
After cycle, I went up to my hometown to visit my half-sister. The previous time I saw her was 14 years ago when she was 10 years old, so we had a lot of catching up to do. I got to meet my 2-year-old niece, too!
I made chili and cornbread for dinner, which is traditional for Monday Night Football. I used tons of beans, veggies, and spices, and the leftover roast beef from Christmas dinner. I used regular cornbread and added a cerrano pepper and some light Mexican cheese. Normally I would put whole cut corn, too, for a fun texture, but we were out.
Tuesday, Mom and I started with a Bodypump-type class at her gym and then I dropped into Weight Watchers for my amazing weigh-in (which I have since bounced back from). We went shopping for 501s and she bought me a pair in size 31-30. They are absolutely my perfect size at this weight, so I'm going to use them as a gauge. As long as my 501s fit, I know I'm doing maintenance, and if they start to get tight I need to wake up. Seems simple enough ... ha!
Tuesday night was more food and drinks at a chef friend's. She has a cooking blog and we just had a smorgasbord of random leftovers from her fridge. And a whole lot of wine. We went through the WW Weekly and listed our 3 accomplishments of 2011 and our 3 goals of 2012. More on that later.
Wednesday morning we went and had pictures done in a nice park.
I'm afraid the rest of this trip report is going to have to wait, as I have been at this forever and I need a break! I have tons more stuff about my trip, and then Grady and I been up to plenty of shenanigans since I've been home, too! Also coming up is New Years Resolution stuff, so come back! :D
Here's Part Two
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an awesome trip! And bravo for you weighing in :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kellie! Thanks for reading. :) Part two coming soon...
ReplyDelete