weigh-in: 143.8
I am in favor of New Year's resolutions, as I had a successful one two years ago when I started this mission. I love this time of year when the focus is off of all the holidays and the eating and drinking and people start to come back to reality and try to detox a bit. It's a great time to look back and look forward.
When I was home with mom, the WW Weekly magazine topic was to name three accomplishments from last year and three goals for this year. Here's what I came up with:
2011:
- Reached Lifetime at Weight Watchers
- Ran in 11 events, including Warrior Dash and a half-marathon, and brought home trophies from several 5Ks. Best 5K time: 26:03.
- Committed to a year of Crossfit and saw crazy gains - best shape of my life!
2012:
- Continue to maintain Lifetime membership and weight all 12 months
- Run in 12 events, one each month (that was last year's goal, and I missed it by one)
- Work on flexibility: Stretch more after workouts and do more yoga
I don't make goals without making plans, so here we go. I have to maintain my weight for my job as well as my Lifetime membership, so I don't have much choice there. On the flip side, working 2-4 meetings per week and having Grady to WW at home both really help reinforce the heathy habits and help me keep my focus. We have our January event lined up, that's our friends' fundraiser on January 28. We also are making plans to do Warrior Dash again, and Grady's found out about some crazy Zombie race, so we'll see what that's all about. I wrote myself a note on the goal board at Crossfit to remember to stretch, and so far that's helping me out.
I have a couple blog-related goals as well. I want to keep posting my weekly progress reports and I'm going to bring back the monthly exercise log. So without further ado, here's my report from my vaation week:
Ha! Just made it in by a day, but I've still never gone a week without a report. I had a great time off on my vacation and I got the year started right. I'm not worried about that gain, that's almost exactly what I was down the week before on that ridiculously low weigh-in, so I expected a big bounce back from that.

No comments:
Post a Comment