Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trip Report - Christmas, 2011 - Part Two of Two

Here's Part One

Now where were we? After photos on Wednesday morning, we still had some time to kill before lunch so we stopped at Valencia Town Center, which has been way built up since I was last there. I was dying to try on cocktail dresses in this cute little boutique, so we popped in. I lied and told the salesgirls I needed something for New Years Eve, even though I had zero plans. I took in about seven dresses to try, but stopped after four.


I loved that fourth dress so much and I broke down crying in the dressing room, just from happiness and relief and a ton of emotions I couldn't name from being able to wear all those clothes. Mom was apparently so moved by my display that she bought me the dress on the spot. I was still crying and begging for tissues when we checked out, and we were telling the ladies about how I'd lost the weight and I was getting all emotional and they were super sweet and supportive and happy for me. I ended up wearing the dress for NYE after all, but that's another story.

We stopped by a bakery that Mom's friend works at to drop off a present and we picked out two kinds of brownie to take home. We were hungry by that point, but we saved them for later and headed to Don Cuco, my favorite Mexican restaurant, for lunch. We each had half our entrees and saved the rest for breakfast. When we finally did get to the brownies, we cut them so we had a quarter of each and gave the rest to her boyfriend.


Wednesday evening we went and saw The Muppets at El Capitan in Hollywood (after martinis across the street, of course).


Before the show there was a holiday sing-along with jingle bells and fake snow, and after the movie we got to see Miss Piggy's costumes on display. She's so glamourous! She was always my hero when I was heavier because she rocks her hammy figure. I especially always thought that my legs looked like hers do in high heels, and I secretly loved it. :)



Thursday we went and picked out our pictures and did some more shopping and had lunch at Wahoo's Fish Tacos. I had black bean and fish nachos, which I always get when I go there. That evening we had Indian food out, which I know nothing about, so I had mom order for me and just had small portions of everything. I still have no idea what I ate. After dinner we saw a cool pirate Christmas show in North Hollywood.


I flew home at noon on Friday, so we got up early in the morning for one last run before I took off. We went for an hour in the Hills in Laurel Canyon area, and it was brutal to run up and down those steep grades. It was a great way to end my trip and get a head start on getting my head back to a healthy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment