I did it! I made it through Halloween without having a single piece of candy (and, no, I will not be hitting up the half-off sales today). I was a little sad that I didn't have anything to give our sweet neighbor friend when he came by, but his daddy assured me he had plenty of candy and didn't need any more.
I went out with friends on Halloween night, but unfortunately it was way too cold to show off very much. I bundled up in lots of black leather and felt sorry for the half-naked people running around, freezing. Maybe they had alcohol to keep them warm, but I did not. I had to dry up after the weekend.
Grady and I went to the Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville (go Dawgs!), and what I didn't have in candy, I more than made up for in beer. We had a great time, and we walked the four miles between the hotel and the stadium, both ways.
I am working alone tonight, so I won't get to weigh in until Saturday, which is fine. That gives me a few days to undo the damage. On Sunday we have our celebrations meeting at work, which is supposed to be really fun, and I'm looking forward to that.
We're still going to Crossfit regularly, but we're so busy with school we've gotten behind on our running. We have less than three weeks until our half, so we really need to step that up. And so it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment