Monday, November 21, 2011

Half Marathon

Grady and I completed our first half marathon yesterday.  We ran together and did the whole thing at a run and finished in 3:15.  Here's a before picture:


We got medals when we finished, which was fun:


Neither of us had ever run longer than 8 miles before yesterday, and we had heard from other runners that that's as much as you need to do to train for 13.  They also said that the miles after the eight one get easier, and that part was a big lie!  We were super sore for the last part, and all day afterward we were moaning and hobbling around.  Still we had a great time and really enjoyed the accomplishment.

I went to Crossfit today, and it was all I could do to drag my butt out of the house and go.  It was pretty miserable, but now I'm off for the rest of my vacation.  Yay!  We're going to try to get in some running when we're in Tampa Bay, but that's about it.

Starting today, mom and I are having a food-journaling challenge to get ready for Christmas.  I really need this push after the week I've had.  I went to Trader Joe's after the gym today, so I'm all set up with the good foods I need to do this right.

No comments:

Post a Comment