Monday, October 24, 2011

Great Weekend! New low: 141.2

I had a great weekend.  I finally got my eTools back and I was way too excited to get to play with my iPad app again.  My weight this week was a new all-time low for me, which isn't all that meaningful anymore in itself, but it reinforces to me that I'm being successful at maintaining my weight loss.  It's not creeping back on.  My large gain last week made me nervous, especially having not tracked for so many days, but I really always knew I'd be fine.

Last Saturday I went to a party at a friend's from the gym.  I was the designated driver, so I only drank water and diet Red Bull, and I only had a few bites of party foods, chips and cookies, all of which I tracked on my phone.  I kept myself busy for the first hour carving a pumpkin for the pumpkin-carving contest (3rd place, thank you very much), and just enjoyed the company and didn't think about food.  At one point I was playing on my phone checking the forums, and someone made a comment that a recent Weight Watchers-related post of mine had inspired him to get back on the program, and that made me feel good and in turn inspired me to stay on track.



I have made a goal not to have any Halloween candy this year.  In the last three years, I did that once with success, and the other two years I tried to do just a little bit and went totally overboard.  So I'm just going off candy for a couple weeks.  I know that chocolate will still exist come November and I still have the whole rest of the holiday season to get through.  I made that goal right before the party, and it was good timing, because there were big bowls of the good stuff all over the place.

We had some good workouts at the gym this weekend and some good runs.  Same-old, same-old, except that we are shattering our own records constantly.  It's really amazing watching Grady come in to his own as an athlete.

Here's my report:

2 comments: