I've been having a great couple of days. As usual, a few disappointing weigh-ins in a row is all it takes to light the fire under me. I've been doing some kind of exercise every day, serious exercise, too, like 45-60 minutes of high-intensity stuff. I'm eating within points and it's good, clean food for the most part (excepting the Starbuck's brownie I had this morning).
I am determined to get through the rest of the holidays on a good note. I am on Thanksgiving break from school for the next nine days, and I have committed to working out every day and getting caught up on homework and housework so I'll have more time to work out when I go back to school.
We're staying home for Thanksgiving and we decided to have a non-traditional meal and keep it simple so we're going to make a Turkey Lasagna using my old WW lasagna recipe from back in the day.
Ideally, I'd like to have a loss every week from now until January. I'm not going to get complacent just because it's the holidays. I'm 20 pounds short of my goal for the year (do not get me wrong, I am extremely happy and proud of the ~50 pounds I did lose and I'm not selling myself short), but the year is not over and I'd love to start the New Year with only a few more pounds to lose.
To that end, I'm also planning to dry up off of alcohol again. This should be a "fun" experiment to go all the way through the holidays without drinking, but sober people do it all the time, so I suppose it's not unheard of. If I can go to Vegas and not drink, I can do this. My friend that I'm visiting for New Year's is pregnant, so we'll be able to do this together, which is just awesome.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Way to go Jade. I have been on the wagon too. Don't family doesn't drink much, so it should be easy through Thanksgiving. Trying to figure out how to get exercise though since it will be 18 degrees there.
ReplyDeleteJeeze, I really should check these things before I hit send :)
ReplyDelete