I'm done trying to keep up with the journal in e-tools. The entire point of joining a meeting, getting a paper journal, and quitting dotti's was so I could spend less time in front of the computer (she types into her new blog, not unaware of the irony). These e-tools are fun, but it's too much of a chore to try to keep up with it.
My philosophy is "bite it, write it" and let's face it, I do a lot of biting. There's no reason to have to write it twice, and to have to make sure I'm within arm's-length of a computer every time I eat. This is not a way to live, not the rest of my life.
I really enjoy the virtual stars and stickers and trophies that pop up in my profile when I'm a good little girl and I fill in all the boxes. But I get actual stars and stickers at my meeting, not to mention that all of it is completely beside the point when the real trophy is the weight loss itself.
I want to return to how I did it twelve years ago, before I was using message boards. I lost eighty pounds on WW without once typing a food in the computer. I have this great three-month paper journal that has spaces for everything, so anything online is redundant. Well, actually, it doesn't leave much room for journaling my thoughts, so I have a great excuse to keep on blogging. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment