Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Update: WOW! Boot Camp

Wow! As in, wow, I can't believe I went the entire month of August without making a blog post! This summer was all kinds of awesome, but also really weird with big life events and transitions and it has been a lot to keep up with.

As a Lifetime member I only need to weigh in every month, but I am still weighing in weekly. I figure I'll keep doing that as long as it makes me comfortable. I have been pretty steady on maintenance, it's really nothing to write home about.

8/11: 140.8
8/18: 140.8
8/25: 140.0
8/29: 140.2

I have minor surgery scheduled for Friday and they have me on steroids to get prepared for that. I have been eating like a horse and I expect I'll see a gain this week. I'm not going to worry about that, I know it's important to take care of my body and heal. This is a lifetime process and life events happen and get dealt with.

Seriously, though, the real "WOW!" is that Grady and I joined this local boot camp class.  We meet three mornings per week at 5 am! It's like, who are we?!


We got some good practice getting up early to work out when we would go to Crossfit before school, but the difference between 5 and 7:30 is like night and day, literally.  It's actually really nice because it is close to home and we are done working out for the day before Starbucks is even open.  It gives us a lot of time the rest of the day to take care of business.

That's really all the major news. We have a few events coming up that I will post about as they happen. I may try to make more of an effort to be more consistent with my blogging, but unfortunately it's just not a priority compared to school and work. I'll do my best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment