Sunday, September 23, 2012

WOW! Group run

This weekend Grady and I took part in a group training run with our Bootcamp class. They do them every Saturday for about three months leading up to the AthHalf.  Up until this weekend, I have always either worked or had a football game to go to, so this was our first time getting to train with the group. Thank goodness Georgia's having a good enough season this year that they don't play until the evening!

We had been running at home on Sundays, and got up to 8 miles the week before. This run was 10 miles, so we had to jump forward a week in our training, but we hung in there.  It was fun to do it with a big group, and it was fun to do it in Athens. A lot of it was the same as the route for the half, so it was cool to run on campus and through the historic district and all that. I'm really looking forward to the real thing next month.



After:


Also, I finally figured out that WOW! stands for WorkOut Warriors.  Cute!

2 comments: