I realized today I was a week behind again and still hadn't posted my report for my last weigh-in. Here we go:
Not a bad week. Went over my target and stopped tracking halfway through Sunday, but otherwise pretty solid. Contrarywise, this week has not been great. I have been stressed out and tired and not tracking anything. I would like to get it together because I have graduation coming up in a few weeks. This summer I have two trips back to back, San Francisco in June and London in July. I'd like to have some focus now so I can better afford to relax during those fun times.
I am still working out, of course. Grady and I have started doing some fun and interesting things at home with our new equipment. We are doing interval training where we run laps around our subdivision, 0.7 miles each. Halfway around the circle (about 600 meters) there is a small park with picnic benches and a gazebo, so we stop there and use the benches and do bodyweight stuff. Then halfway back around again to home where we work with weights. We started by doing three laps, so a typical WOD looks like this:
600 m run
15 box (bench) jumps
600 m run
20 deadlifts
600 m run
15 burpees
600 m run
overhead carry 2x around the house
600 m run
30 air squats
600 m run
10 push press
We will start going four laps (2.8 miles) the next time we go out. We would like to have started today but it was too wet out so we stayed in the garage and worked on front squats.
The idea behind the intervals with "obstacles" is to get ready for Warrior Dash in May. We're especially having fun since it's just the two of us, we can tailor it with exactly how much running or other endurance training we want to do. We do more of that than you find in your average WOD, I think because most aren't dealing with as much extra weight as we struggle with. I miss our gym a lot, and we do struggle to push ourselves very far out of our comfort zones when it's just us, but still it's nice to find the silver linings in the trade-off.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.

No comments:
Post a Comment