Thursday, November 1, 2012

AthHalf Results and Pics (2:08:33)

Grady and I ran the Athens Half Marathon on October 21. Since I'd run that 10-minute mile during one of the training runs, my goal in this race was to come in under 2:12. I finished with a few minutes to spare at 2:08:33.  It was really cool, in the last mile we got to run a victory lap around the hedges inside Sanford Stadium.



Out of approximately 3000 runners, I came in 1320th.  I was the 84th woman in my age group to finish. My race pace was 9:48 per mile.

My goal for our half in December is to come in under 2 hours.  I went into the AthHalf a little undertrained and more than a little hungover, so I think if I prepare better next time I should have no problem hitting that goal.

The flickr set has more photos, including some really "attractive" ones where you can see where I was just about ready to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment