Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just what I needed to hear

Usually the WW online app makes me crazy, because it doesn't pay attention to trends and gives stupid, conflicting advice every other week like "oops, you gained!" "oh no, you're losing too fast!" "oops, you gained!", etc.  If they can train us dumb receptionists to look at the trend and keep things in perspective, you'd think they could program a computer to do the same.

But today it really came through for me.  Even though I had planned and intended on gaining some weight back over my vacation, it still really hit hard to see the number on the scale. But when I entered my weight in the tracker, the app finally came through with some decent advice:


I'm still not tracking, so I don't have a report to post again this week. I'm still well inside my comfort zone, but if I have another gain this week, I'm going to go back to tracking just so I can feel more in control.

I'm having big emotional times at home and school and in life, dealing with issues other than weight and food, but I know it's still something I need to deal with in a healthy way every day. I always tell my members that if they wait for things to calm down to get started, they never will. I may or may not be facing some big changes in my near future, and in the meantime the uncertainty is really stressing me out. It's all exciting and good stuff, but it's still scary.

1 comment: